- Flash Memory for Firmware Updating
- Connects to the M1 Data Bus - RS-485
- LED Indicators for Status and Programming
- Push Button "Copy" Program Switch
- For Indoor Use Only
- Signal (Frequency): 908.42 MHz
- Range: Up to 100 feet (line of sight) to closest Z-Wave enabled product
- Operating Voltage: 12 Volts D.C.
- Operating Temperature Range: 32-105 degrees F (0 - 40 degrees C)
- Current Draw: approx. 60 mA
- Housing Dimensions: 4.25" x 6.375" x 2.125"
- Circuit Board Dimensions: 2.25" x 3.95"
The ELK-M1XZW is a radio transceiver interface designed to allow an M1 Controller to interface with Z-Wave enabled devices. Z-Wave technology is a wireless bi-directional communications network consisting of devices such as: Plug-in Dimmer Modules, Wall Mount Switches and Dimmers, Plug-in Appliance Modules, Motion/Occupancy Sensors, and HVAC Thermostats. The M1XZW interface functions as a Z-Wave Secondary Controller OR as a Z-Wave Static Update Controller (SUC) for holding the Z-Wave system setup programming. The interface connects to the M1 RS-485 data bus and is enrolled and identified as a Type 5 Expander. As such, it may be remotely located anywhere along the RS-485 data bus within the maximum stated distance limits. The housing is designed for wall mounting and includes mounting screws and anchors. Z-Wave is a trademark of Zensys, Inc.
M1 Controllers can be programmed to control Z-Wave network devices based on any number of events using the powerful rules engine.
These events include, but are not limited to:
-Alarm System Arm Status
-Status of Alarm System Sensors such as door contact, motion sensors, etc.
-Sunrise /Sunset – Light/Dark
M1 Controllers can also control Z-wave network devices remotely. The M1Gold Control features a built-in, telephone remote control. With the M1XEP Ethernet Interface, both the M1Gold and M1EZ8 can control Z-Wave enabled devices over the internet, without the need for a dedicated, "24/7" server.